FULL VIEW PLEASE!
Hey everyone! I drew this for a contest for a great webcoming called Hot Mess! (go search it-it's really great!) We were supposed to characterize different parts of our psyche with living creatures (animals, etc)
Go check out this deviant's art- it's brilliant- and not just the stupidfox art either, look at all of it!
Firstly, I'd like to say that I know my picture doesn't have a beautiful background or super-duper-detailed characters. This is because I really really wanted to work more on their meaning than worrying about spending several extra days trying to get the background right since i'm not the best at them. So instead, I decided to surround all my little 'voices' in a bit of yellow "glow", to highlight their prominence in my mind. Jazz the Dragon
- Always the energetic one, Jazz is the first one to want me to try something new. However, she is also the one who wills me to stumble headlong into situations without thinking first. Her constant lines are "let's go for it!" and "dooooo it!", and she often doesn't stop for rest. She (and obviously, me) is also known for tripping over things when moving too fast. Yeena the Mongoose
- Yeena is always looking for a joke to tell or, in certain situations, a funny pickup line. Yeena constantly tells me who I should go up to and make laugh. Her favorite joke (and thus mine) is the Nacho Cheese Joke, ("what do you call cheese that isn't yours?....NACHO CHEESE!)and she lives to make people laugh and smile. Sometimes, though, she forgets that not everywhere is a good place to make a joke. Dramatic Dolphin
- This is the name she's always gone by. Dramatic Dolphin (or DD) is constantly stating the 'what if's of a situation in the most extreme way possible. She represents, not necessarily just a paranoid side of me, but an overly excited side as well, though she isn't keen on jumping into things like Jazz is; she'd rather just talk about them.Keenai-the-Wise
- This is my Wyrron character. He is a combination between a Dragon, a Wolf, and A Deer. He, like DD, likes to talk about situations before jumping headlong into them, but contrasting, looks at the logical side of things, a.k.a. the facts and reality (this is why he is the only one sitting on the ground- because he's the only one down to earth). He often pricks me with his claws, though he doesn't mean to, because reality IS hard to face sometimes. Once in a while, though, his reality talks combined with DD's dramatic 'what ifs' call for suspicious observation. Pinspot the Sea Urchin
- Pinspot sits next to my neck, one of the most sensitive areas of my skin. He is the voice in my head that makes derogatory comments toward everyone, including me. He sometimes sits closer to me (pricking me with negative descriptions more often-mostly about myself), and he sometimes sits far away (so i can easily ignore his pricks-mostly about others). Unfortunately, though, he's always there, waiting until a day when I feel blue or a day when I'm feeling angry at someone.Ant
- Did you guys even see him the first time around? Look again- he's on my arm. This last (very important) part of my psyche speaks rarely; usually only one very well placed word every blue moon. Sometimes, the rest of my psyche team and I forget that he's there. He represents the fact that I can carry many times my 'weight', and, no matter the pain or the difficulty, i will keep on pushing as long as he's there. He never, EVER leaves my arm- so not to get stepped on, and to be there as a constant reminder that I am never alone.
Materials Used: sketchbook/pencil, Adobe Photoshop Elements/Tablet
Time Elapsed: including the sketching time on regular paper, about five hours. I'm serious ><